Advanced Idioms Test 7
0 of 12 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
IDIOMS – HAPPINESS AND SADNESS
Fill in the blanks with a word that will complete the idiom.
1) like a dog with two t _ _ _ _
2) to cry your eyes _ _ t
3) to have a w _ _ _ _ of a time
4) to be tickled _ _ n _
5) d _ _ _ in the dumps/mouth
6) to paint the town _ e _
7) to be full of the j _ _ _ of spring
8) to feel _ _ _ d done-by
9) to hit/reach rock _ _ _ _ _ m
10) to let your h _ _ _ down
IDIOMS – WORK
Choose the correct answer (A, B, C and D).
1. “dead end job” means …CorrectIncorrect
2. “golden handshake” means …CorrectIncorrect
3. “be snowed under” means …CorrectIncorrect
4. “work your fingers to the bone” means …CorrectIncorrect
5. “burn the midnight oil” means …CorrectIncorrect
6. “talk shop” means …CorrectIncorrect
7. “call it a day” means …CorrectIncorrect
8. “red tape” means …CorrectIncorrect
9. “a hive of activity” means …CorrectIncorrect
10. “get the axe” means …CorrectIncorrect
IDIOMS – MONEY
Complete the following sentences with the words from the box.
Dutch | rolling | nose | rags | region | root | books | strapped | ends | grease
1) Shania Twain rose from to riches to become the biggest-selling female country artist of all time.
2) Many people are struggling to make meet as wages are failing to keep pace with rising prices.
3) He’s been the managing director of the company for 20 years, so he must be in it by now.
4) The sale of his flat should raise, once the mortgage was repaid, something in the of £20,000.
5) My sister always complains that she’s for cash, but it’s no surprise when she won’t go find a job!
6) Once a fortnight he and a group of friends would go at one of their four favourite restaurants.
7) In some countries, it is common practice to government officials’ palms.
8) If money is the of all evil, then contempt and jealousy is the tree that blossoms from it.
9) Mark paid through the for dinner, in order to impress his girlfriend on their anniversary.
10) They are now saying that everyone is cooking the . If it’s true, it’s a very serious allegation.