Advanced Idioms Test 9
0 of 3 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
IDIOMS – HEALTH
Fill in the blanks with a missing word that will complete the idiom.
world | mend | foot | picture | under | warmed | prevention | green | fit | bucket
Examples: 0. a bitter …….pill…… to swallow
1. be the of health
2. kick the
3. look/feel like death up
4. on the
5. as as a fiddle
6. feel on top of the
7. go the knife
8. be around the gills
9. have one in the grave
10. is better than cure
IDIOMS – PAIRS
Complete the following sentences with the words from the box.
1. David knows every nook and of the city, so he’s the perfect guide.
2. I had the whole house cleaned out except for a few and ends that you might want to keep.
3. His pocket was not bottomless: he had to and deal like anyone else and it was not easy.
4. The house is much too big for her and it’s been going steadily to rack and for years.
5. Sandra had found a much larger place than usual and invited all and to join them.
6. You can and dine at the nearby restaurants that serve a wide range of dishes.
7. He was only just sixty, and hearty, and still practising as a highly reputed solicitor.
8. She loved gardening. She went at it hammer and as soon as she got back from work.
9. The English do not like to show their feelings, even to their nearest and .
10. In Edinburgh I can still be myself, I don’t have to put on any and graces here.
IDIOMS – CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
Complete these idioms using jumbled letters.
Examples: 0. have your (IFSRGNE) …….fingers…… to swallow
1. bring someone to (OOBK)
2. catch somebody (ERD) -handed
3. pull the (OOWL) over somebody’s eyes
4. get away with (DUMRER)
5. (ILEN) your pocket(s)
6. the (GOLN) arm of the law
7. on the straight and (RAWONR)
8. blow the (TLWIHSE) on somebody
9. be behind (SBRA)
10. face the (UMCSI)