0 of 17 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer.
1. You hear a girl telling a friend about a charity walk she went on.
What does she say about the walk?CorrectIncorrect
2. You hear a teacher talking to his class about a play they are going to see at the theatre.
What does he want them to do?CorrectIncorrect
3. You hear a girl talking about her brother’s new job.
Why did he decide to apply for it?CorrectIncorrect
4. You hear a boy talking to his sister about the meal she’s cooking.
How does she respond to what he says?CorrectIncorrect
5. You hear a boy telling a friend about a toy he played with as a child.
What does he say about it?CorrectIncorrect
6. You hear a girl getting advice from a friend about some creative writing homework.
Which advice does she decide to follow?CorrectIncorrect
7. You hear a teacher telling her class about an exhibition on their city’s architecture.
What does she want them to do there?CorrectIncorrect
8. You hear a boy telling his cousin about a skiing trip he went on.
After hearing his story, his cousin...........CorrectIncorrect
You will hear a girl called Julie talking about a special trip she went on for her birthday. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
A Birthday Trip
Julie was hoping that her birthday surprise would be a ride in a (9)
From the air, Julie managed to catch sight of the (10) in her town when she went up in a plane.
Once they were out over the water, Julie was thrilled to look down on the (11) around the coast.
Julie and her dad went from the island’s airport to the nearest (12) .
Julie describes the town she visited as very (13) .
Julie was pleased to get some bargains at the (14) they visited.
Julie and her dad bought a type of (15) that she hadn’t tried before.
After their lunch, Julie was keen to see some (16) on display on a beach.
Julie regretted turning down the chance to do some (17) at the beach.
Julie presented her dad with a (18) to show she appreciated her day out.
– 5 questions –
You will hear five teenagers talking about playing tennis. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) the reason each speaker gives for enjoying the game. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
A. It helps me to relax.
B. I’m learning to cope with pressure.
C. It’s a great mental challenge.
D. I like the chance to be competitive.
E. It’s a good way to make friends.
F. It’s more fun than other forms of exercise.
G. It’s taught me how to accept losing.
H. I’ve improved a lot through working hard.
19. Speaker 1
20. Speaker 2
21. Speaker 3
22. Speaker 4
23. Speaker 5
You will hear an interview with a student called Ella about the work experience she is currently doing as a lighting technician. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
24. Ella suggests that her interest in lighting started withCorrectIncorrect
25. Ella says that the work of theatre lighting techniciansCorrectIncorrect
26. Ella thinks that members of a theatre audienceCorrectIncorrect
27. Ella mentions an early lighting plan she made at school thatCorrectIncorrect
28. During her research into theatre lighting, EllaCorrectIncorrect
29. After seeing the technology available for modern theatre lighting, EllaCorrectIncorrect
30. What does Ella feel might be a disadvantage of the job?CorrectIncorrect