0 of 17 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
- 8 questions -
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1 – 8, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
1. You hear two students talking about their first geography class of the year.
How do they both feel?CorrectIncorrect
2. You hear a boy telling a friend about buying some food for wild birds.
What is he aiming to do?CorrectIncorrect
3. You hear a girl telling a friend about a spelling competition she won.
What does she say about it?CorrectIncorrect
4. You hear a technology teacher telling her students about the model cars they are going to make.
What does she warn them about?CorrectIncorrect
5. You hear a boy talking to his sister about a sweatshirt he bought recently.
Why is he unhappy with it?CorrectIncorrect
6. You hear a school football coach talking to his team about avoiding injuries.
What does he propose for this season?CorrectIncorrect
7. You hear a girl talking to her friend about a building she’s just visited.
Why is she telling her about it?CorrectIncorrect
8. You hear a boy leaving a phone message for a friend about a family camping holiday.
What does he say about the holiday?CorrectIncorrect
- 10 questions -
You will hear a woman called Angela Thomas, who works for a wildlife organisation, talking about the spectacled bear. For questions 9 – 18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
Angela says that it was the (9) of the spectacled bear that first interested her.
Angela mentions that the bear’s markings can be found on its (10) as well as its eyes and cheeks.
Angela is pleased by evidence that spectacled bears have been seen in (11) areas of Argentina.
Angela says the bears usually live in (12) , though they can also be found in other places.
Spectacled bears behave differently from other types of bear during (13) , which Angela finds surprising.
Angela is upset that (14) are the biggest danger to spectacled bears.
Angela says that spectacled bears usually eat (15) and tree bark. Bears climb trees and make a (16) , which fascinated Angela.
When bears eat meat, they much prefer (17) although they do eat other creatures.
One man has produced an amusing (18) about the time he spent studying the bears
– 5 questions –
You will hear five teenagers talking about listening to music while studying. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) each speaker’s opinion about how effective it is for them. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
A. It depends on the kind of studying I’m doing.
B. It only works well with certain types of music.
C. I’ve had to accept it doesn’t work for me.
D. It makes even boring subjects more appealing.
E. I do it when I really want to concentrate.
F. It’s helped me to remember certain things.
G. It’s easier for me than studying in complete silence.
H. It’s only really useful during study breaks.
19. Speaker 1
20. Speaker 2
21. Speaker 3
22. Speaker 4
23. Speaker 5
You will hear an interview with a girl called Laura Rogers, who’s talking about a trip to the beach to look for signs that dinosaurs once lived there. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer.
24. What made Laura decide to go on the beach trip with her uncle?CorrectIncorrect
25. When Laura’s uncle showed her some real dinosaur bones, she...............CorrectIncorrect
26. Laura describes the beach they went to as somewhere that......................CorrectIncorrect
27. When Laura discovered a black stone during their search for dinosaurs, her uncle...........CorrectIncorrect
28. How did Laura respond when she finally saw a dinosaur footprint?CorrectIncorrect
29. During their exploration of an old ship further along the coast, Laura and her uncle..............CorrectIncorrect
30. As a result of her trip to the beach, Laura.....................CorrectIncorrect