Listening Practice Test 1 [C2]
0 of 14 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
You will hear three different extracts. For questions 1 – 6, choose the answer (A, B or C) which fits best according to what you hear. There are two questions for each extract.
1.The speaker makes the point that…………..CorrectIncorrect
2. ‘Madame Bovary’ is used to exemplify…CorrectIncorrect
3. When the woman was a bridesmaid at her brother’s wedding…………….CorrectIncorrect
4. The woman’s experience at her friends’ wedding………….CorrectIncorrect
5. Recent demographic research in America has shown…………….CorrectIncorrect
6. One positive impact identified by the study is that the recession…………………CorrectIncorrect
You will hear a nutritionist talking about the production and uses of mastic, a spice that is found in the Mediterranean area. For questions 7 – 15, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
Mastic is collected from a tree which looks like a smaller form of the (7) tree.
Mastic resin will (8) only in the region around the Mediterranean.
Basic tools like (9) are employed to remove impurities from the mastic.
Crystals of mastic have been referred to as (10) in literature.
The sale of mastic crystals is handled by a (11) to ensure that the growers get a fair deal.
It is thought that mastic was first used as (12) by ancient peoples.
When mastic is added to (13) it slows down the melting process.
Flavoured drinks are made in (14) which have had mastic burned under them.
Some people believe that mastic can help in the treatment of health problems, especially some (15) conditions.
– 5 questions –
You will hear part of a discussion between two language experts, George Steadman and Angela Conti, who are talking about how advances in communication are affecting English usage.
For questions 16 – 20, choose the answer (A, B, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear
16. What point is made about the effect of the internet on language?CorrectIncorrect
17. When discussing the main criticism of text messaging, George revealsCorrectIncorrect
18. What view is stated about abbreviations in texting?CorrectIncorrect
19. When discussing the new genre of text-poetry, both researchers agree thatCorrectIncorrect
20. What final conclusion do both the researchers reach about the state of English today?CorrectIncorrect
– 10 questions –
You will hear five short extracts in which students talk about doing an internship, professional work experience in a company.
You will hear the recording twice. While you listen, you must complete both tasks.
For questions 21 – 25, choose from the list (A – H) what reason each speaker gives for choosing the internship.
A. a friend’s recommendation
B. the company’s good reputation
C. the convenience of the location
D. the chance to relate theory to practice
E. the opportunity to work outdoors
F. the international make-up of the company
G. the chance to travel
H. the opportunity to work with an expert
Speaker 1 (21)
Speaker 2 (22)
Speaker 3 (23)
Speaker 4 (24)
Speaker 5 (25)
For questions 26 – 30, choose from the list (A – H) what unexpected experience each speaker had during their internship.
A. being given a lot of responsibility
B. making a future career decision
C. making life-long friends
D. using cutting-edge technology
E. making useful contacts
F. being offered a permanent job
G. winning an award
Speaker 1 (26)
Speaker 2 (27)
Speaker 3 (28)
Speaker 4 (29)
Speaker 5 (30)