Quiz 1 of 0
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/i8tyxep/public_html/wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme/learndash/ld30/quiz.php on line 120
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/i8tyxep/public_html/wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme/learndash/ld30/quiz.php on line 127
Listening Practice Test 2 [B2]
Time limit: 0
0 of 17 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Quiz complete. Results are being recorded.
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Would you like to submit your quiz result to the leaderboard?
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
1. You hear a boy telling his class about a music workshop he attended with other students from his school.
What does he say about the workshop?CorrectIncorrect
2. You hear a girl telling her friend about a long train trip she went on.
What does she say about it?CorrectIncorrect
3. You hear a theatre actor giving a talk to some drama students.
What does he emphasise about his work?CorrectIncorrect
4. You hear a girl talking to her teacher about her homework.
What is her problem?CorrectIncorrect
5. You hear a girl phoning her mother about a friend she was supposed to meet.
How does she feel now about the meeting?CorrectIncorrect
6. You hear a science teacher talking to his class about an experiment they are going to do.
What does he tell them?CorrectIncorrect
7. You hear two friends talking about a carnival that has just taken place in their town.
What do they agree about it?CorrectIncorrect
8. You hear a teacher talking to her student about a story he’s written.
What is she doing?CorrectIncorrect
– 10 questions –
You will hear a girl called Katie giving a class presentation about a bat-watching trip she went on recently. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
Katie and her dad were joined on their trip by a family friend, whose job involves (9) .
Katie describes the boat they went on as not feeling (10) initially.
Their guide said that one reason bats are important is for helping to spread (11) .
Katie learnt that a shortage of insects can quickly cause (12) in bats out hunting.
Katie used a machine called a (13) to hear the sounds the bats made.
Katie compares the sounds of bats calling to a strange kind of (14) .
Katie was grateful for the (15) that had been supplied for the trip.
A number of bats appeared on part of the river with a long (16) on the bank.
Their friend managed to spot some (17) above them during their trip.
Katie was pleased that the money from their tickets was going to a (18) .
You will hear five teenage writers talking about the process of creative writing. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) the advice each speaker gives. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
19. Speaker 1 –
20. Speaker 2 –
21. Speaker 3 –
22. Speaker 4 –
23. Speaker 5 –
– 7 questions –
You will hear part of a radio interview with a woman called Rachel Reed, who works in a commercial art gallery, a shop which sells works of art. For questions 24 – 30, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
24. What does Rachel say about her job title?CorrectIncorrect
25. What is the most common reason for the gallery not exhibiting an artist’s work?CorrectIncorrect
26. When can phone calls from artists be difficult for Rachel?CorrectIncorrect
27. Why does Rachel include a commentary in the catalogue?CorrectIncorrect
28. What does Rachel say about administrative work?CorrectIncorrect
29. What is Rachel’s role in the service the gallery offers to large companies?CorrectIncorrect
30. What does Rachel find most enjoyable about her job?CorrectIncorrect