Listening Practice Test 3 [B2]
0 of 17 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer.
1. You hear a girl phoning her friend.
What is the girl doing?CorrectIncorrect
2. You hear a boy talking about a football match he has just played in.
How did he feel about the match?CorrectIncorrect
3. You hear two students talking about a presentation by a famous author they attended.
What do they agree?CorrectIncorrect
4. You hear a girl and her father talking about a restaurant menu.
What do they agree about it?CorrectIncorrect
5. You hear an architect talking about a recent project he worked on.
How did he feel during the project?CorrectIncorrect
6. You hear a girl talking about her cousin, Jake.
She describes him as someone who……………….CorrectIncorrect
7. You hear a maths teacher telling his students about a new book.
He is recommending it because he believes it will……………….CorrectIncorrect
8. You hear a girl telling a friend about a family boating trip on the river.
What did she see as a problem?CorrectIncorrect
You will hear a boy called Jamie giving a talk about a family road trip he went on in the United States. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
Colorado Road Trip
Jamie says his parents wanted to visit somewhere with a variety of (9)
At the first small town they stayed in, they had a view of a (10) from their hotel room.
Some towns they passed through and developed as a result of the (11) that had once been there.
In one town, Jamie bought some (12) , which were vintage ones.
Jamie particularly remembers some (13) that he ate on his trip.
The family were interested to see how the landscape slowly changed to (14) as they drove along.
Jamie was disappointed not to spot any (15) while they were driving.
As Jamie’s mum drove them to Aspen, she was concerned about a (16) that was forecast.
In Aspen, Jamie’s parents thought they should try (17) while they were there.
While swimming in their hotel pool in Aspen, the family were surprised to see a (18)
– 5 questions –
You will hear five short extracts in which teenagers are talking about finding a valuable object by chance. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) what each speaker says about the experience. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
A. It led to a new interest for me.
B. I managed to return it to its owner.
C. I made a disappointing discovery about it.
D. I helped to prevent it from getting lost again.
E. I was tempted to keep it.
F. It helped me to achieve what I’d always wanted.
G. It gave me an idea for an invention.
H. I was given a cash reward.
19. Speaker 1
20. Speaker 2
21. Speaker 3
22. Speaker 4
23. Speaker 5
You will hear an interview with a girl called Lucy Hughes, who is talking about her love of maths. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
24. What first made Lucy excited about maths?CorrectIncorrect
25. What does Lucy’s dad suggest about some people attending his training sessions?CorrectIncorrect
26. How have Lucy’s parents helped her with maths?CorrectIncorrect
27. Lucy suggests the appeal of maths for her is thatCorrectIncorrect
28. When Lucy entered a maths competition recently, sheCorrectIncorrect
29. What did Lucy discover during the competition?CorrectIncorrect
30. Lucy thinks that in the futureCorrectIncorrect