Listening Practice Test 3 [C1]
0 of 15 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
– 6 questions –
You will hear three different extracts. For questions 1 – 6, choose the answer (A, B or C) which fits best according to what you hear. There are two questions for each extract.
You hear two students talking about a work-experience scheme they took part in.
1. Why does the girl regret her choice of company?CorrectIncorrect
2. They both think that the work-experience scheme hasCorrectIncorrect
You hear part of a discussion programme in which two journalists are talking about the world’s wetlands.
3. What does the man think about wetlands?CorrectIncorrect
4. What is the woman doing?CorrectIncorrect
You overhear a woman showing a friend one of her childhood photos.
5. What point is she making about the photo?CorrectIncorrect
6. As a result of looking at the photo, she realises thatCorrectIncorrect
– 8 questions –
You will hear a student called Josh Brady talking about visiting South Africa as part of his university course in botany. For questions 7 – 14, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
TRIP TO SOUTH AFRICA
As well as his research project, Josh planned to write a (7) for a website while he was in Africa.
Josh’s group planned to check out a particular region after a (8) that had occurred there.
Josh was surprised to see (9) being grown in the first area they visited.
Josh describes the vehicle they travelled in as a (10) when they went in search of specimens.
Josh uses the word (11) to give us an idea of the shape of the leaves he found.
Josh was particularly impressed by one type of flower which was (12) in colour.
Josh uses the word (13) to convey his feelings about an area of vegetation he studied.
Josh really appreciated the view he got from the (14) of his accommodation.
You will hear an interview in which two students, a girl called Tamsin and a boy called Farid, are talking about whether to go to university or not. For questions 15-20, choose the answer (A, B, C or D) which fits best according to what you hear.
15. What alternative to going to university has Farid’s sister suggested to him?CorrectIncorrect
16. Tamsin worries that many students go to university because……………CorrectIncorrect
17. What do both Tamsin and Farid say about working while at university?CorrectIncorrect
18. Why does Tamsin think going to university is the right choice for her?CorrectIncorrect
19. How did Farid feel about a university Open Day he went to?CorrectIncorrect
20. Farid suggests Tamsin’s letter of application to a university should include more about………………..CorrectIncorrect
You will hear five short extracts in which film critics are each reviewing a film.
While you listen you must complete both tasks.
For questions 21-25, choose from the list (A-H) what each critic believes in the main message of the film they are reviewing.
A. what it means to be successful
B. the value of strong family relationships
C. the importance of telling the truth
D. how humour can ease tense situations
E. the difficulties of living in a small community
F. the challenge of working with relatives
G. how happiness can be found in everyday things
H. how unpredictable life is
21. Speaker 1 —
22. Speaker 2 —
23. Speaker 3 —
24. Speaker 4 —
25. Speaker 5 —
For questions 26-30, choose from the list (A-H) the weakness each critic identifies in their chosen film.
A. the inappropriate soundtrack
B. the lack of character development
C. the skilled photography
D. the confusing plot
E. the lack of attention to detail
F. the predictable ending
G. the lack of originality in the dialogue
H. the performance of the lead actor
26. Speaker 1 —
27. Speaker 2 —
28. Speaker 3 —
29. Speaker 4 —
30. Speaker 5 —