Quiz 1 of 0
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/i8tyxep/public_html/wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme/learndash/ld30/quiz.php on line 120
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/i8tyxep/public_html/wp-content/themes/buddyboss-theme/learndash/ld30/quiz.php on line 127
Listening Practice Test 5 [B2]
Time limit: 0
0 of 17 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Quiz complete. Results are being recorded.
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Would you like to submit your quiz result to the leaderboard?
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1-8, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
1. You hear two friends talking about going to a new chess club at their school.
They both hope that playing chess willCorrectIncorrect
2. You hear a teacher telling her class about a shelter they are going to build in the woods.
What is she doing?CorrectIncorrect
3. You hear a boy talking to a friend about seeing his painting displayed in a competition.
How does he feel about the competition now?CorrectIncorrect
4. You hear a student telling his class about a special boat race he took part in.
What does he think contributed to his team’s success?CorrectIncorrect
5. You hear a girl phoning her father.
Why is she phoning him?CorrectIncorrect
6. You hear two friends talking about a summer reading project they’re involved in.
What does the girl say about her progress?CorrectIncorrect
7. You hear a teacher telling her class about a tour of a film studio she has organised for them.
What does she think the students will gain from the trip?CorrectIncorrect
8. You hear a boy telling a friend about a book he’s reading.
How does the book compare with his expectation?CorrectIncorrect
– 10 questions –
You will hear a boy called Harry telling his class about an art event he took part in recently. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
Fiona, the person running the art day, had once worked as a (9) .
Harry uses the word (10) to describe his feelings when he first arrived.
Harry was inspired by the variety of (11) paper in the drawing book he was given.
Harry put a (12) on the cover of his drawing book.
Harry first painting was a (13) .
Harry was particularly impressed by the (14) that another student had done.
With Fiona’s help, Harry attempted a more (15) style of drawing than he’s tried when he started.
After lunch, the group chose the theme of (16) for the sculpture they intended to make together.
Harry found a collection of (17) to include in the sculpture.
The (18) of the art group was what made Harry decide to sign up for the next session.
– 5 questions –
You will hear five short extracts in which people are talking about their visit to a city. For questions 19 – 23, choose from the list (A – H) what each speaker liked most about the city they visited. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
A. the efficiency of the public transport system
B. the natural beauty of the scenery
C. the variety of goods in the markets
D. the style of the architecture
E. the well-designed plan of the city
F. the helpfulness of the people
G. the range of leisure opportunities
H. the standard of the accommodation
19. Speaker 1
20. Speaker 2
21. Speaker 3
22. Speaker 4
23. Speaker 5
You will hear an interview with a student called John Benton, who’s just completed a 25-kilometre running race. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer.
24. Why did John decide to enter the race?CorrectIncorrect
25. One feature of John’s training before the event was to………………..CorrectIncorrect
26. John says that once he started training, he had difficulties……………CorrectIncorrect
27. What does John say about his diet before the race?CorrectIncorrect
28. What particularly encouraged John on the day of the race?CorrectIncorrect
29. One strategy John used to keep himself going was to……………..CorrectIncorrect
30. Immediately after John finished the race, he…………………..CorrectIncorrect