Listening Practice Test 6 [B2]
0 of 17 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
– 8 questions –
You will hear people talking in eight different situations. For questions 1 – 8, choose the best answer (A, B or C).
1. You hear a message on a telephone answering machine.
Why is the speaker calling?CorrectIncorrect
2. You hear two people talking about a water-sports centre.
The man says the centre shouldCorrectIncorrect
3. You hear a professional tennis player talking about her career.
What annoys her most about interviewers?CorrectIncorrect
4. You hear a poet talking about his work.
What is he doing?CorrectIncorrect
5. You hear two people talking about a programme they saw on TV.
The woman thinks the programme wasCorrectIncorrect
6. You hear two people talking about an ice-hockey game they’ve just seen.
How does the girl feel about it?CorrectIncorrect
7. You overhear two friends talking about a restaurant.
What do they both like about it?CorrectIncorrect
8. You hear a man talking on the radio.
What type of information is he giving?CorrectIncorrect
– 10 questions –
You will hear a girl called Anna giving a presentation about the fashion blog that she’s created. For questions 9-18, complete the sentences with a word or short phrase.
Anna – fashion blogger
After Anna was featured in a (9) , she had more people visiting her blog.
Anna now has a (10) to help her develop the blog.
When choosing clothes for her blog, the (11) of Anna’s readers is the most important point she considers.
Anna thinks teenagers are likely to spend more on (12) than on other items of clothing.
Anna prefers buying her own clothes from (13) rather than other places.
The historical period that’s given Anna the greatest inspiration for her blog is the (14) .
Clothes with (15) on them recently attracted attention to Anna’s blog.
Anna mainly promotes clothes made of materials such as (16) on her blog.
Among the things Anna has made herself, people have showed most interest in her (17) .
Anna was pleased that visitors to the blog have described it as being (18) .
You will hear five short extracts in which teenagers are talking about performing in a school play. For questions 19-23, choose from the list (A-H) what each speaker says about their experience of taking part. Use the letters only once. There are three extra letters which you do not need to use.
19. Speaker 1 –
20. Speaker 2 –
21. Speaker 3 –
22. Speaker 4 –
23. Speaker 5 –
You will hear an interview with a young guitarist called Tom, whose band has just won a national music competition. For questions 24-30, choose the best answer.
24. Tom started playing the electric guitar because……………CorrectIncorrect
25. What did Tom love about his new electric guitar?CorrectIncorrect
26. What did Tom realise when he started looking for a personal guitar tutor?CorrectIncorrect
27. How did Tom feel when he discovered he’d lost his guitar?CorrectIncorrect
28. Once Tom was reunited with his electric guitar, he found…………..CorrectIncorrect
29. Tom thinks that in comparison with other instruments, the electric guitar…………..CorrectIncorrect
30. What did Tom feel about the response of an audience member during the competition?CorrectIncorrect